Are you wondering how to maximize the impact of your Google Ads in 2023? Knowing when to use Auction Insights can help you get the most out of your digital campaigns. You’ll be armed with powerful data about competitors, so you can make better decisions that maximize ROI.
Get ready to take your Google Ads performance to new heights with this 2023 guide.
What Data is Included in Auction Insights?
Auction Insights data can inform your Google Ads strategy in multiple ways. It contains information about how your ads compete against other advertisers’ ads in the same or similar auctions. This data can help you adjust and optimize your bids, budget, and get insights on competitors.
The data available within Auction Insights includes information such as: Number of Impressions, Total Impression Share (calculated as impressions won/eligible impressions compared to other eligible advertisers), Top of Page Rate (percentage of impressions won that appeared at the top of the SERP), Average Position (measurement of average position on the search engine results page), Overlap Rate (percentage of ad impressions shared by least one competitor’s ad), Outranking Share (percentage of ad auctions where your ad is positioned higher than a competing advertiser’s ad) and more.
5 Tips for Getting the Most Out of Auction Insights
When used correctly, Google Ads Auction Insights can be a powerful tool for optimizing your campaigns. Auction Insights enables marketers to get advanced insights into their competitors’ strategies and bids. By interpreting data correctly, you can maintain competitive Ad positions and maximize the return on your advertising investments. To kickstart your use of Google Ads Auction Insights for maximum impact in 2023, here are five tips:
- Monitor Changes in Impressions Share -By tracking changes in impressions share over time, you will gain an understanding of how often your ads are shown versus your competitors adverts when a search query is entered by a potential customer.
- Track Impression Share Relative to Other Bidders -By gaining an understanding of how often your ads were given impression share relative to other bidders on the same auction-level, you will gain insight into how much potential impression share was left on the table due to budget constraints or optimization opportunities.
- Monitor the Effectiveness of Bidding Strategies -Monitoring Overlap Rate and Position Above Rate in relation to your competitors will allow you to keep up with emerging bidding strategies used by successful campaigns and ensure you have effective strategies implemented in comparison with them as well.
- Analyze Competitors’ Bid Strategies -Using Absolute Top Impression Share and Search Lost IS (rank) metrics gives an indication of if the competition has adopted more aggressive bidding strategies at keyword, ad group or campaign level which continually outbid all other bidders before their budget runs out during an auction period .
5. Target Increases With Opportunities Tab– The opportunities tab allows marketers who are using Auction Insights to review historical trends in advertiser bidding competition levels over time, while also keeping up-to-date with competitor bid adjustments being made against individual keywords within their account structure that should be considered when creating or adjusting bids on a go forward basis for optimal return.
In conclusion, Google Ads Auction Insights can provide businesses with a wealth of data to get an edge in the marketplace. Employing this tool correctly will enable business owners to identify which ad formats and strategies are most effective in order to make informed decisions about their campaigns.